I’m going to kick this thing off with a massive thank you to EmaWritesIt for nominating me for this award. You guys should definitely check her out, she has some great posts about real-life, relatable issues and is super friendly on social media.
I’m still trying to find my feet in the blogosphere and having just revamped and renamed my entire blog I was feeling a bit hesitant – receiving this nomination completely lifted my spirits and reminded me exactly why I set myself the task of posting more in 2018.
If you’re new to the blogging world like myself then you probably have no idea how these things work so I took the opportunity to do some research. The Liebster Award is basically an online chain where bloggers can nominate other bloggers in order to help us connect and explore.
- Display the award on your blog
- Thank the person who nominated you and put a link to their blog on your blog
- Write a small post about what makes you passionate about blog posting
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself
- Answer all 11 questions that the blogger gave you
- Nominate 5-11 other bloggers for this award and notify them of this
- Give the nominees 11 questions to answer
Ever since I could hold a pencil, I’ve loved to write stories. So much so, that at aged 6 I was getting through my Groovy Chick, Monsters Inc, Harry Potter notepads like there was no tomorrow. But for some reason it took me a while to start my own blog – I think the thought of me documenting and posting things for the entire world to see (forever) made me shy away. Anyway, last year I finally grew some balls and did it. I created my own blog and I’m so happy I did. I’ve always been one to write down everything, from shopping lists, to ideas, to my feelings, thoughts and emotions. For me, writing is the best, and only, way that I can truly express how I’m feeling. Now, through blogging, not only am I able to get out exactly what goes on in my brain but I can also share my views on things I’m passionate about, whether it be my new favourite make up products or personal matters that are relatable. Even though this is a hobby for me at the moment, knowing that somewhere out there I could be helping someone else is what really gives me the confidence to keep going and keep posting.
10 random facts about myself
- I won a storytelling competition in Year 2 and the prize was a tour around the Houses of Parliament. I never got my prize and I’ll never let it go.
- I was (still kind of am) a huge tomboy.
- I used to have bright blonde bleached hair.
- I am 100% sure there is no bone in my little finger on my left hand, it can bend and twist all over the place.
- I don’t drink tea or coffee, juice or water is my go-to.
- I like chocolate but nothing that is chocolate flavoured.
- I’m a trainer/shoe obsessive.
- The sea freaks me out but I’ve been on a submarine and I have no idea why I put myself through that.
- My guilty pleasure is reality TV.
- I genuinely believe in ghosts and spirits.
My 11 questions from EmaWritesIt:
1. If you were a rapper what would your rapper name be and why?
My middle name is Jade so my rapper name would probably be DJ CJ to be honest. Short and snappy and has a nice little rhyme to it.
2. If you could only see the world in one colour, what would that colour be?
Pink because it makes everything look prettier.
3. If you were about to be sentenced to death, what would you want your last meal to be?
I’m going to be really basic here and probably opt for Nandos. Chicken butterfly, garlic bread, peri-peri chips, halloumi cheese, the salted caramel brownie – the whole lot. Imagine going that long without a Nandos – couldn’t do it.
4. What is one of your biggest pet peeves?
People that are unnecessarily loud. People that eat loud, talk way too loud, breathe too loud etc.
5. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up?
‘What am I going to have for breakfast?’
6. What is your favourite season and why?
Summer for the weather and winter for the fashion.
7. What do you usually order on your pizza?
Pepperoni, bacon, ground beef, jalapeno peppers.
8. What have you done recently that has made you feel proud?
I’ve secured a few job interviews, revamped my blog and not broken one of my New Year resolutions (yet).
9. What is one thing you wish people would know about you?
That my usual facial expression doesn’t mean I’m upset/moody/unfriendly, it’s literally just my face.
10. What is your main goal for 2018?
I have a few – start my career, move out and be happy!
11. If you could invent anything, what would it be?
A teleporter. For days when I don’t want to travel and so I can pop over to the Maldives whenever I feel like it.
My 11 questions for you:
- What are the best and worst purchases you have ever made?
- What weird food combinations do you really enjoy?
- What is your most used emoji?
- If you could give your younger self one piece of advice, what would it be?
- What’s the funniest lie you’ve told to get yourself out of trouble?
- What are your red flags on a date?
- When you’re having a bad day what things do you do to make yourself feel better?
- What is the weirdest scar you have and how did you get it?
- If you could only keep 5 possessions, what would they be?
- What has been the best day of your life so far?
- What has been your most embarrassing moment?
Don’t forget to nominate other bloggers and tag me in your posts and social media with a link so I can read them! Have fun!